The Emirates Airline Festival of Literature is the Middle East’s largest celebration of the written and spoken word, bringing people of all ages and backgrounds together with authors from across the world to promote education, debate and above all else, love of reading and writing.
The Festival creates a wonderful opportunity for UAE nationals, residents and visitors to meet world famous authors, attend literary debates, listen to readings, participate in workshops and experience the exciting Fringe and children’s events. We are into our eighth year, with the Festival scheduled to run from 1 – 12 March 2016 in Dubai. We will welcome more than 140 authors from 30 different countries and sessions planned for this year include history, travel, popular fiction, literary fiction, crime, illustration, poetry, journalism, memoir, entertainment, masterclasses, writing for stage and screen, adventure, language, translation, creative writing and fantasy and science fiction. There really is something for everyone at the Festival!
We would like to invite you to become a supporter and integral part of this Festival by signing up as a Festival Friend. This gives you an enhanced Festival experience and benefits as well as access to literary events and year-round engagements at our permanent home, Dar Al Adaab (House of Literature) in Al Shindagha Historical Neighbourhood. Your contribution goes directly to Festival development.
If you would like to purchase a Friends membership as a gift for a friend, please contact us at email@example.com to confirm their name, email address and phone number and add a personal message. Or else, why not treat them to an Emirates LitFest Gift Voucher (available online)?
Membership lasts for 12 months from the date of purchase. There are four types of membership.
Single adult membership (for 18 years and over): AED 235 per year
Couples’ adult membership (for 18 years and over): AED 405 per year
Family membership: AED 635 per year
Add on:Young Friend (under 18 years): AED 50 per year
Single/ Couple Benefits
- 10% on tickets when you use your registered account. This discount is limited to 2 tickets per person in each membership for each session/workshop/event.
- Priority booking: Purchase tickets online before the general public and get first view of the Festival Programme
- Regular Festival electronic newsletter and email updates
- Festival Friends Lounge: Where you can relax between sessions, with private seating and complimentary tea and coffee
- Reserved seating for Friends at Festival sessions*
- Invitations to special events at Dar Al Adaab throughout the year
Family (Two adults and two Young Friends): AED 635 per year
Add on: Young Friend (under 18 years): AED 50 per year
- All benefits of Single/ Couple membership
- Two tickets to the Opening Night**
Festival Friends Membership Card offers the following:
- 10% off at Costa Coffee outlets in the UAE
- 10% off on books and stationery at WHSmith outlets across the UAE
- 10% off at Bookworm
- 30% off on City Sightseeing Tours in Dubai***
Terms & Conditions
- *Reserved seating is limited; seats will be held until five minutes before doors close and are allocated on a first come first served basis
- All memberships are non-transferable
- The Emirates Airline Festival of Literature reserves the right to amend or withdraw privileges and add benefits to the Festival Friends membership and my close any or all levels of memberships at any time
- All rights reserved
- **Young Festival Friends are not eligible for the Opening Night invitation. Opening Night seats are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis
- ***City Sightseeing T & C:
- For the card holder only. Guests pay full price
- Valid FF membership card must be presented when buying the ticket
- Tickets cannot be transferred
- For hop-on/hop-off service and dhow cruise only
- Not in conjunction with any other offer