Capture 380 winners announced!
Congratulations Marie Joy Candalla and Kim Adams.
See their entries below:
You can read the winning captions here –
Emirates Airline Festival of Literature 2016 is delighted to launch Capture 380, a brand new competition in association with the Festival’s title sponsors, Emirates Airline. Capture 380 gives participants the opportunity to bring together words and images in creative and imaginative ways to illustrate the theme of ‘Time’.
Participants are required to submit an original photo accompanied by up to 380 words (caption) in prose or poetry that enhance the image.
Both the photograph and the caption must be the entrant’s original work, previously unpublished and not previously submitted to any other competition.
Who can enter?
Nationals and residents of the UAE aged 14+.
Shortlisted entrants must be able to prove their residency in the UAE.
What is the prize?
The winner will be awarded 4 Economy Class tickets in each language category to any of Emirates Airline’s (A380) 34 destinations from Dubai International Airport.
What are the rules?
- The caption must relate to the submitted photograph
- The caption must not exceed 380 words
- The caption should be descriptive in nature and may include prose and/or poetry
- The photograph and caption must be the entrant’s original work, previously unpublished and not previously submitted to any other competition
- The photograph submitted online must be in .jpg format and must not exceed 150 kb in size. A higher quality version (up to 8 MB) should be available in case the organisers request it
- Photographs should be 600×600 pixels
- Photographs in black and white, colour and sepia are permissible
- Photographs should not include any border, signature, be marked or watermarked in any way
- Minimal editing is permissible however it should not affect the nature and/or authenticity of the photograph
- Photographs and text must not breach public morals and must be respectful of the beliefs, cultural heritage and policies of the UAE
- The Award Ceremony will take place during the Festival on the 10th of March 2016.